/ Academy Activities
The National Academy of Sciences of Belarus is the highest state scientific organization of the Republic of Belarus, which is responsible for organizing, coordinating and performing the fundamental and applied scientific research and developments, serving as the leading organization of the Republic of Belarus on the scientific and methodological support of development of informatization, as well as performing within the powers defined by legislative acts and the Statute of NAS of Belarus some functions of a republican body of state management.
The NAS of Belarus has the following main objectives:
- the scientific support of the economic, social, legal and state development of the Republic of Belarus, its culture, the protection and rational use of nature;
- the organization, performing and coordination of the fundamental and applied scientific research and developments in the most important directions of natural, technical, humanitarian, social sciences in order to gain new knowledge about the human, society, nature and artificially created objects, and increase the scientific and technical, intellectual and spiritual capacity of the Republic of Belarus;
- the determination and submission for the approval in the established by legislation order the lists of the priority directions of the fundamental and applied scientific research of the Republic of Belarus;
- the identification of the fundamentally new ways of scientific and technological progress, participation in the development of recommendations regarding the use of domestic and world science achievements in practice; supporting the development of science in the regions of the Republic of Belarus;
- the creation of conditions for the development of scientific schools, training of scientists of the highest qualification, increasing the qualification of scientists and specialists, including their training in the foreign scientific centers;
- the submission in accordance with established procedure proposals for funding of scientific and innovation activities in the Republic of Belarus due to the means of the republican budget and other centralized sources;
- ensuring the development of the system of scientific and technical information; the organization of conducting the monitoring of plant world and geophysical monitoring;
- conducting the scientific and technical expertise of proposals on acquisitions abroad of high technologies and expensive equipment due to the means of the republican budget;
- controling in accordance with established order the effective use of public funds allocated for the fundamental and applied scientific research and developments.
The activities of the Academy of Sciences is based on a combination of state regulation of research, scientific and technological, and innovative activities with the creative initiative of research teams, the freedom of scientific search to ensure the effective fulfilment of tasks confronting the Academy of Sciences ; the combination of one-man management and collegiality of examination and resolution of issues by the Academy of Sciences governing bodies with the personal responsibility of their members for putting into action the decisions taken and the state of matters in the assigned sections of work; the interrelation of the fundamental and applied scientific research and developments; active interaction with the ministries, other organs of state administration, state organizations subordinated to the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus, actors and participants of research, scientific and technological, and innovative activities; mutually beneficial and equal collaboration with legal entities, individuals, and international organizations which accomplish conducting, supporting or implementation of the results of scientific studies and developments.
/ Academy Activities / Back to Top of Page