Gorev, Konstantin Vasilyevich (25.09.1904 - 26.07.1988), scientist in metal science. The academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (1938). Was conferred the title "The Deserved Figure of Science and Engineering of BSSR" (1968). Is awarded by Order of October Revolution (1979), two Orders of Labour Red Banner (1939, 1971), Order of Friendship of the Peoples (1974), and some medals.
Graduated from the Moscow Institute of Colour Metals and Gold (1930). In 1938-1947 the President of the Academy of Sciences of Byelorussian SSR. In 1947-1948 the Director, in 1947 Academician-secretary of the Academy of Sciences of BSSR, in 1950-1973 Head of the Laboratory of metal science at the Physical-Engineering Institute of the Academy. In 1969-1973 the Vice-president of the Academy of Sciences of BSSR, in 1976-1988 Senior Scientist-Adviser of the Physical-Engineering Institute. The Member of the Central Committee of Communist Party of Belarus in 1938-1948. The deputy of the BSSR Supreme Body in 1938-1947.
Works on study of phase and structural transformations and establishment of connection between structure and properties of metals and alloys. Has studied influence of alloyed elements and modifying additives on process of crystallization and property of high-strength pig-iron with spherical graphite, influence of aluminium, titanium, molybdenum, wolframium, and vanadium on phase structure, structure and properties of heat resisting alloys on iron and nickel bases. Is awarded the State Premium of BSSR (1978) for research, development and introduction of new technological process of manufacture of high-quality aluminium moulding with use of secondary alloys.
Has published more than 130 scientific works. Has prepared more than 20 Candidates of Sciences and Doctors of Sciences.
1. Influence of character of structure of some aluminium alloys on their properties with high temperature. In book: Easy Alloys. Moscow, 1958 (with P.А.Parkhutik).
2. Kinetics and mechanism of unreinforforcing of some growing old alloys. In book: Kinetics and mechanism of crystallization. Minsk, 1973 (with R.L.Topfyanets).
3. Anticorrosive diffusion coatings. Minsk: Nauka i Tekhnika, 1981 (with L.G.Voroshnin).
1. Structure and properties of metals and alloys. Minsk: Nauka i tekhnika, 1974.
2. Vesti AN BSSR. Ser. Phys.-Eng. Sci. 1984. No.3.
3. Токарев Н.В. Академик К.В. Горев // Наука и инновации. 2004. No.11.
4. Академик Горев Константин Васильевич: 100 лет со дня рождения. Мн.: Физ.-техн. ин-т НАН Беларуси, 2004.
/ About Academy / NASB Presidents List Since 1928