Bekish, Osvald-Jan Leonovich (Born: 27.08.1938. Died: 27.02.2010)
Doctor of Biological Sciences (since 1973), Professor.
Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. Elected in 1996 on speciality Medical Biology.
Membership of other Academies, Scientific Societies and Councils
Member of the Russian K.I. Skryabin Society of Helmintologists,
Member of the Society of Parasitologists of Belarus,
Member of the Society of Microbiologists, Epidemiologists and Parasitologists of Belarus,
Chairman of the Specialized Scientific Doctorate (Candidate) degree defence council for parasitology
Editorial Board Membership
Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Series of Medical Sciences,
Member of the Editorial Board of the journal "Public Health Care"
The Vitebsk State Medical University, Head of Chair.
27a Frunze Praspect, Vitebsk BY-210023, Republic of Belarus.
Fax: +375 (212) 37-21-07
Investigation of immunobiochemical aspects of parasite and host adaptation at helminthiasis; development of prophylaxis principles of the reaction graft versus host; problems of higher medical education.
1. Biochemical aspects of pathogenesis in trichinellosis (1978).
2. A manual in biology for applicants of medical institutes (1991).
3. Practicum in tropical parasithology (1995).
4. Medical biology (a course of lectures) (1997).
1. Osvald-Yan Leonovich Bekish (To the 60th Anniversary of his Birthday) (In Russian).
2. Osvald-Yan Leonovich Bekish (In Russian).
3. Oswald Jan Leonovich Bekish (To the 70th Birthday Anniversary) (In Russian).
4. In the memory of Oswald Jan Leonovich Bekish // Proc. of the Natl. Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Ser. Medicine, 2010, No.2.
/ Academy Membership / In Memoriam / Back to Top of Page