Demidchik, Eugeny Pavlovich (Born: 02.01.1925. Died: 01.04.2010)
Doctor of Medical Sciences (since 1988), Professor.
Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. Elected in 1996 on speciality Surgery.
Membership of other Academies, Scientific Societies and Councils
Member of the Belarusian Association of the Oncologists,
Member of the Specialized council of the Science Research Institute of Oncology and Medical Radiology,
Member of Co-ordinating council of the Science Research Institute of Radiation Medicine "Health of the people suffered from the accident at the Chernobyl NPP".
Editorial Board Membership
Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Series of Medical Sciences
The Belarusian State Medical University, Professor.
64 Prospekt Nezavisimosti, Minsk BY-220013, Republic of Belarus,
Tel.: +375 (17) 231-73-42, 232-13-44
Surgery of the malignant tumours of neck, gullet, stomach.
1. Thyroid Cancer in Children After the Chernobyl Accident: Clinical and Epidemiological Evaluation of 251 cases in the Republic of Belarus // Proc. of Nagasaki Symposium on Chernobyl: Update and Future. Elsevier, 1994 (with coauthors).
2. Phenomenon of the synapsis transformation block under the effect of the impulse magnetic field (1995).
3. 10 years after the Chernobyl Accident (1996).
4. Cancer of the thyroid gland in children. Moscow: Medicine, 1996 (with coauthors).
5. Thyroid cancer and iodine deficiency in children of Belarus // Radiation and Thyroid Cancer. Eds. G.Thomas, A.Karaoglou, E.D.Williams. World Scientific, 1999 (with coauthors).
6. Thyroid Cancer in Chernobyl Children // Thyroid Cancer. Biersack H.-J., Grunwald F. (eds). Springer, 2001 (with coauthors).
1. Eugeny Pavlovich Demidchik (To the 75th Anniversary) // Proc. of the Natl. Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Ser. Biological Sci., 1999, No.4.
2. 2000 Outstanding Scientists of the 20th Century. Second Edition. International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England. 2000.
3. Eugeny Pavlovich Demidchik (To the 85th Anniversary) // Proc. of the Natl. Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Ser. Medicine, 2010, No.1.
4. In the memory of Evgenii Pavlovich Demidchik // Proc. of the Natl. Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Ser. Medicine, 2010, No.2.
/ Academy Membership / In Memoriam / Back to Top of Page