Makhnach, Aleksandr Semenovich (Born: 08.12.1918. Died: 17.10.2006)
Doctor of Geological-Mineralogical Sciences (since 1959), Professor.
Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. Elected in 1971 on speciality Geology.
Membership of other Academies, Scientific Societies and Councils
Honorable President of the International Academy of Organizational and Managerial Sciences,
Honorable Member (Academician) of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences,
Member of the Russian Committees for Stratigraphy and Lithology.
Editorial Board Membership
Member of the Editorial Board of the Interdepartmental Bulletin Natural Resources (Prirodnye Resursy),
Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Lithosphere (Litasfera)
The Institute of Geological Sciences of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Chief Researcher.
7 Academician V.F.Kuprevich Street, Minsk BY-220141, Republic of Belarus
Lithology and stratigraphy of the upper protherozoy, Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian and Devonian. Vendian and Devonian volcanism. Vendian under-glacier formation. Facies, paleography, geologic history, forecast estimation of mineral wealth of Belarus and neighbouring regions, ancient erosion crusts.
1. Lithology and geochemistry of Devonian sedimentations of Pripyat' bend connected with their oil bearing (1966).
2. Reefy and Vendian of Belarus (1976).
3. Organogeneous Devonian constructions in Belarus (1985).
4. Cambrian of Belarus (1985).
1. Alyaksandr Syamyonavich Makhnach (To the 80th Anniversary of his Birthday) (In Belarusian).
2. In memory of Aleksandr Semenovich Makhnach // Lithology and Mineral Resources. 2007. Vol.42, No.3.
/ Academy Membership / In Memoriam / Back to Top of Page