Podluzhnyi, Aleksandr Iosifovich (Born: 16.08.1935. Died: 21.11.2005)
Doctor of Philological Sciences (since 1982), Professor.
Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. Elected in 1994 on speciality Linguistics.
Membership of Scientific Societies and Councils
Chairman of Scientific Council "Belarusian Language and the Ways of Its Development",
Member of International Commission for All-Slavic Linguistic Atlas,
Member of Commission on phonetics and phonology at International Committee of Slavists.
Editorial Board Membership
Member of the Editorial Board of the Bulletin Belaruskaya Ligvistyka (The Belarusian Linguistics).
Ya.Kolas Institute of Linguistics of the NAS of Belarus, Head of Department.
1 Surganava Street, Build.2, Minsk BY-220072, Republic of Belarus
Tel.: +375 (17) 284-18-85
Modern Belarusian Language. Sociolinguistics.
1. Phonological system of the Belarusian literary language (1969).
2. An outline of the acoustical phonetics of the Belarusian language (1977).
3. The Belarusian grammar. Part I (1985).
4. A text-book of the Belarusian language for self-education (1994).
5. Theory and Practice of Belarusian Terminology (1999).
1. Aleksandr Iosifovich Podluzhnyi (To the 70th Anniversary). (In Belarusian).
/ Academy Membership / In Memoriam / Back to Top of Page