Terent'ev, Avenir Afanasyevich (Born: 05.12.1938; Died: 09.12.2003)
Doctor of Technical Sciences (since 1989), Professor.
Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. Elected in 1996 on speciality Physical-Chemical Mechanics of Rocks.
Membership of other Academies, Scientific Societies and Councils
Corresponding Member of the International Eurasian Academy of Sciences,
Member of the National Committee of the Belarusian Peat Society,
Member of the International Peat Society,
Vice-chairman of the Scientific Doctorate degree defence council,
Member of the Board of experts of the Highest Certifying Committee of the Republic of Belarus.
The Institute for Problems of Natural Resources Use and Ecology of NAS of Belarus, Chief Scientist.
10 Starabarisauski Trakt, Minsk BY-220014, Republic of Belarus
Fax: +375 (17) 264-24-13
Elaboration of the theoretical base and technologies of directional structureformation in peat, sapropels, peat and swamp soils, brown coals
and in compositions on the base of peat resulting in development of various materials and fuels.
1. Colloidal chemistry in the peat reprocessing technology (1989).
2. Physics and chemistry of peat (1989).
3. Study of intramolecular interactions in peat-coal compositions according to EPR-spectroscopy data (1994).
4. The perspectives of condensed purification of stationary source smoke gases (1996).
1. In Memory of Avenir Afanas'evich Terent'ev (1938–2003) // Colloid Journal. 2004. Vol.66, No.3.
/ Academy Membership / In Memoriam / Back to Top of Page