Zhuravskii, Arkadii Iosifovich (Born: 05.08.1924; Died: 09.01.2009)
Doctor of Philological Sciences (since 1968), Professor.
Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. Elected in 1980 on speciality Linguistics.
Membership of other Academies, Scientific Societies and Councils
Academician of the International Slavic Academy of Sciences, Education, Arts and Culture (since 1994),
Member of the International commission for Slavonic literary languages of the International Committee of Slavists (since 1970),
The former Member of the Highest Certifying Committee of the Ministry of high and special secondary education of the USSR,
Chairman of the Belarusian Committee of Slavists,
Chairman of Specialized Doctorate Degree Council of the Institute of Linguistics of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus.
Editorial Board Membership
Member of the Editorial Board of the Bulletin Belaruskaya Ligvistyka (The Belarusian Linguistics).
The Institute of Linguistics of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Adviser of Administration.
1 Surganava Street, Minsk BY-220072, Republic of Belarus
Tel.: +375 (17) 284-18-85
Historical grammar, lexicology and lexicography of Belarusian language, history of Belarusian literary language, modern Belarusian literary language, interrelations of Belarusian and other Slavonic languages, history of Belarusian linguistics.
1. History of Belarusian literary language (1967).
2. Historical morphology of Belarusian language (1978).
3. Belarusian written language of the XIV-XVIII centuries (1988).
4. Language of Francysk Skaryna printed books (1990).
1. Arkady Josephovich Zhurawsky (To 75th Birthday Anniversary). (In Belarusian)
2. Arkadz losifavich Zhurawsky (To 80th anniversary). (In Belarusian)
3. Arkadziy Iosifovich Zhurausky (To the 85th anniversary). (In Belarusian)
/ Academy Membership / In Memoriam / Back to Top of Page