Vladimir Grigorievich Gusakov (born on February 2, 1953, Botvinovo Village, Chechersk District, Gomel Region) is a scientist in the field of agrarian economics.
Vladimir Gusakov is Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (2003), Academician of the Academy of Agrarian Sciences of the Republic of Belarus (1999-2002), Foreign Member of the Ukrainian Academy of Agrarian Sciences (2002), the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences (2006), the Academy of Agricultural Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2010), the Latvian Academy of Agricultural and Forestry Sciences (2013), Doctor of Economics (1994), Professor (1998), Honored Scientist of the Republic of Belarus (2004).
Vladimir Gusakov was educated at the Belarusian State Agricultural Academy (graduated in 1976). From 1976 to 1979 he worked as chief economist at the collective farm “Partsiezd 17”, Mogilev Region, since 1981 he was junior researcher, since 1985 lead researcher of the Belarusian Institute of Economy and Organization of Agriculture. From 1989 to 1991 Acad.Gusakov was doctoral student at All-Union (All-Russian) Research Institute for Agricultural Economy (Moscow). In 1992 he was appointed Head of Sector, Belarusian Research Institute of Economic Problems of Agroindustial Complex, in 1994 Director of Belarusian Research Institute for Economics and Information of Agroindustrial Complex (since 2002 Institute of Agrarian Economics of NAS of Belarus, since 2005 Centre of Agrarian Economics of the Institute of Economics of NAS of Belarus) From 1997 to 2001 Acad. Gusakov occupied the position of Vice-President of the Academy of Agrarian Sciences of the Republic of Belarus. Since 2002 he was Vice-President, since 2004 Deputy Chairman of NASB Presidium. Alongside since 2002 he worked as Academician Secretary of the NASB Department of Agrarian Sciences. Since October 2013 Acad.Gusakov has served as Chairman of Presidium, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Member of Belarus Government.
Vladimir Gusakov has conducted research in the field of management and administrative work organization in agriculture, efficiency of use of agricultural enterprises production capacity, organization and efficient operation of agricultural market economy mechanism. He conducts research on the problems of the theory, methodology and practice of agrarian reform and establishment of a developed system of market relations in the agro-industrial complex. He studies the mechanism of self-sustaining and cooperative relations in agriculture, develops the theoretical bases and practical models of economic accounting for agricultural enterprises, the mechanisms, methods and techniques of efficient operation of the agrarian complex, principles and models of science organization in the agro-industrial complex, methods and mechanisms of securing the country’s food safety. Acad.Gusakov is one of the main authors and scientific supervisor of a range of concepts and programs on reforming and developing the country’s agro-industrial complex under new conditions, including the 2005-2010 State Program on Rural Areas Revival and Development and the 2011-2015 State Program on the Rural Areas Sustainable Development.
Vladimir Gusakov is the author of more than 700 research papers, including 22 monographs and books and more than 200 booklets and guidebooks.
Awarded with the Saint Cyril of Turov Order (2011), the Order of Merit, Third Class (2013, Ukraine), Honored Citizen of the Chechersk District, Gomel Region (2011).
1. History and economics of the farming issue. Minsk: Belarusian Research Institute of Economics and Information of the Agro-industrial complex, 1997
2. Intra-organizational settlements, cooperation, rent: mechanism of their efficient operation under new conditions. Minsk: Belarusian Research Institute of Agrarian Economics, 2000.
3. Market development of the Agro-Industrial Complex: conclusions and proposals. Minsk: Belarusian Research Institute of Agrarian Economics, 2001.
4. Economic reform and entrepreneurship: effective techniques. Minsk: Belarusian Research Institute of Agrarian Economics, 2001.
5. The basic objective, mechanisms and principles of a market economy. Minsk: Belorusskaya nauka, 2006.
6. Contemporary economics and organization of agriculture in the conditions of the market formation: scientific search, problems and solutions. Minsk: Belorusskaua nauka, 2008.
7. The mechanism of the market organization of the agricultural complex: assessment and prospects. Minsk: Belorusskaua nauka, 2011.
8. Aspects of market development of the agro-industrial complex: selected works: two volumes. Minsk: Belorusskaua nauka, 2012-2013.
/ About Academy / NASB Presidents and Chairmans of Presidium List Since 1928