On March 29, 2017 at 12:30 a presentation of the collective monograph of the Institute of Sociology of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus "Behavioral strategies of consumers of cultural goods: values, interests, and typology” will be held at the National Press Center of Belarus.
The monograph is prepared within implementation of the scientific research work "To study the dynamics of cultural orientations and strategies of socio-cultural behavior territorial and socio-demographic groups of population of the Republic of Belarus on various fields of culture" by the order and financial support of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Belarus. Research results were obtained within the framework of events held under the auspices of the Year of Science in the Republic of Belarus and correspond to the main directions and priorities for the development of Belarusian science in 2017.
The Institute of Sociology of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus is working on the original project "Civilization code of the Belarusian society: sociological dimension".
Within its framework three large representative studies which helped to identify the peculiarities of mutual influence of socio-cultural factors and economic processes have been held in 2016. Employees of the Institute tried to study the influence of subjective factors and objective reasons for civilization development of the Belarusian state. Culture as the basis of society development is one of the most important elements of the civilization code of society.
The presentation will be attended by:
• Director of the Institute of Sociology of the NAS of Belarus, Doctor of Sociological Sciences, Professor, Honored Worker of Science of the Republic of Belarus Igor V. Kotlyarov.
• Deputy Director for scientific work of the Institute of Sociology of the NAS of Belarus, Candidate of Sociological Sciences, Associate Professor Irina V. Lashuk.
• Head of the Department of Sociology of Culture at the Institute of Sociology of the NAS of Belarus, Candidate of Sociological Sciences Olga N. Likhacheva.
• Deputy Minister of Culture of the Republic of Belarus Vasily M. Chernik.
• Head of the Department of Educational Institutions and Work with Creative Youth of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Belarus Elena G. Gulyaeva.