On 2 November 2017, at 10:00 a.m., the International Scientific Conference on the role of the October Revolution in Belarusian statehood destinies will be opened at the Institute of History of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (Minsk, vul. Akademičnaja 1, the Conference Hall). The Conference will be attended by representatives of the academic and high school science, public figures, youth and specialists from Belarus and foreign countries.
The Conference is scheduled to consider following issues:
• the October Revolution: history lessons and perspectives;
• modern approaches and assessments of the October Revolution;
• historical experience and the modern world;
• October 1917 and the process of nation and state building;
• 100 years of social and cultural transformation, achievements and problems of the period;
• the October Revolution and modernization of the Soviet Belarus economy;
• the newest historiography of the October Revolution history.