According to the decision of the Bureau of the NASB Presidium No. 4 of 10 January 2018, the following teams of scientists will be awarded:
1. The team of scientists of the United Institute of Informatics Problems of the NAS of Belarus – for fundamental research and development of a small-sized mobile supercomputer for processing large data sets and solving problems of high-precision modeling and design;
2. The team of scientists of the NASB Scientific and Practical Materials Research Center – for development and synthesis of composite and nanostructured magnetic materials that provide high functional microwave characteristics and protection of microelectronics products from destabilizing external influences;
3. Scientists of the Joint Institute for Power and Nuclear Research – Sosny of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus – for developing of methods and programs for calculating optical cross sections of atomic nuclei with guaranteed accuracy used in solving scientific and engineering problems of nuclear energy;
4. The team of scientists of the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus – for the establishment of a molecular mechanism for suppressing human immunity by mycobacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis in order to create new generation anti-tuberculosis drugs;
5. The authors team of the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus – for the discovery of a new universal indicator of antioxidant potential for the diagnosis of human resistance to oxidative stress;
6. Sergey V. Fedorovich, Senior Researcher at the Institute of Biophysics and Cell Engineering of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Candidate of Biological Sciences, Associate Professor – for establishing of the mechanism of synoptic transmission disorders in neurons in animals under hypoxia, the correction of which allows to protect the brain from damage caused by ischemic stroke;
7. The authors team of the Institute of Microbiology of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus – for identification and inactivation of genes regulating biosynthesis of antimicrobial metabolites in bacteria, which makes it possible to significantly increase the production of targeted biologically active compounds and create plant protection products of a new generation;
8. Scientists of the Institute of Soil Science and Agrochemistry – for creating microbial composition, combining the properties of bio-fertilizers, growth regulator and fungicide;
9. The authors team of the Center for Belarusian Culture, Language and Literature Research of the NAS of Belarus and the United Institute of Informatics Problems of the NAS of Belarus – for developing a methodology for converting an electronic spelling records of Belarusian words into phonetic transcription and creation of the first complete Belarusian linguistic reference book;
10. Scientists of the Institute of History of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus – for discovery of unique for world history Slavic settlements in Polesie, as well as the disclosure of the formation and development of the Early Slavonic community in Belarus.
Awarding of the winners will coincide to celebration of the Day of Belarusian Science in late January 2018.